6-year-old Wise Man Wants to Walk in the Shade

 Epilogue: The beginning of a new life

"What?! You're saying... you're out of magic...?!"

Huey was clearly becoming upset.

To tell the truth, I had activated a detection spell as soon as the battle began to confirm Huey's decreasing magical power.

The magical power displayed above his head was now 0.

Of course.

No matter how you look at it, a child's magical power would run out in no time if he kept firing it like that.

Magical power increases according to level.

No matter how noble Huey was from a prestigious family and had a talent for magic, there's only so much a six-year-old child can reach.

I know that from personal experience.

This was what I was aiming for from the beginning.

"You can't use magic anymore?"

"Damn it."

"What? You said that people who can't use magic have no value. Maybe you just..."

The color drained from Huey's face.

He stared at me with wide eyes as if he had seen something terrifying.

Just at that moment, the bell rang.

"Why don't you go back to class? There's nothing you can do now."

"Damn it! Remember that...!"

"Whoa, hold on, Huey!"

Just like the howling of a loser.

Huey and his entourage ran towards class A.

I guess that settles the matter for now.

Now, I'm heading to class.

"Wow...amazing!"

"Really, it's amazing!"

"You chased away that bully in such a cool way!"

"Wow!"

The students from class F crowded around me.

Maisie and others started talking to me one after another.

"Eddie, are you an all-around athlete? You easily dodged the magic ball!"

Damn it.

I thought it was okay because I wasn't going to shoot back, but dodging magic is probably impossible for a normal kid.

"Um...well...I always do that kind of training at home!"

"Amazing! I chased away that bully too."

"Not amazing. He just killed himself."

"But you weren't scared at all, were you?"

"What?! N-no, not like that. I was really scared!"

I tried desperately to argue while laughing.

Even though it was a rather forced way of deceiving him, the children were as expected very honest.

They believed him easily.

"Um... Eddie. You were scared, but you protected me. Thank you so much."

The timid boy who was being bullied stepped forward.

"Eddie, you're smaller than me, but you're amazing."

I wonder if I'm really that small.

Huey pointed that out too.

I'm starting to get a bit worried.

But he's still growing, so it should be fine.

"Thank you."

I was surprised when the boy took my hand.

"I was scared when he bullied me, but I'm glad I had a friend like you..."

"Um... so, friends?"

I was taken aback by his unexpected words.

"Oh, sorry. Did you dislike it?"

"No, I was just surprised."

"Then will we be friends?"

"...Uh, yeah."

"I'll help you when you're in trouble too. Thank you so much!"

"I'd like to be your friend too."

"Me too!"

"Me too!"

Maisie and the other kids volunteered one after another.

Not knowing how to respond, I just smiled back awkwardly.

But friends.

I finally had the friends I'd longed for in my previous life.

What is this fluffy feeling?

"Oh, it's the bell for the real bell! Eddie, let's go!"

Saying this, the boy held out his hand.

I was a little confused, but I shook his hand back.

We entered the classroom together with our classmates, making a lot of noise.

That's right. I'll have to get everyone's names later.

And so, my slightly turbulent school life began.

TL Note: This concludes the main story!

Thank you for reading this far! *.(๓´͈ ˘ `͈๓).*

 | Index |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dungeon + Harlem + Master: Chapter 1 - Summon a brave man full of mistakes

Dungeon + Harem + Master: Chapter 6 - "Forget-me-nots have fallen"

Soda ☆ Sis: Chapter 0 - Angels' slight sleep