6-year-old Wise Man Wants to Walk in the Shade

 Chapter 31 - Eddie vs. the Bully

"Everyone stay back. It's dangerous."

I looked around and told him, and the other kids hurriedly retreated.

A circle of students formed around Huey and me.

"Don't underestimate me...!"

It wasn't enough to just defeat this insolent boy.

If that were the case, it would be much simpler.

It would take a lot of brainpower to pretend to be Class F's power and deal with him.

"Take this!"

Huey cast a water spell.

This was the third time.

I didn't get in the way, and let him cast it as he wanted.

The water spell that appeared in Huey's palm swelled up to the size of a ball.

"Go for it!"

Huey threw a blue, squishy light blue ball with force.

It would hurt a lot if it hit him, and it would probably cause a jammed finger or bruise.

As expected of Class A, they're amazing for a kid their age.

Huey, in particular, comes from a distinguished family.

Magical talent is greatly influenced by blood.

Now.

If it was one hit, I could twist my body to dodge it.

But Huey knew that much.

Without a moment's hesitation, he fired off a second and third water magic spell, attacking me from both sides.

"How's that! My specialty water polo tactic!"

"A tactic that uses your specialty attacks to corner your opponent in a nasty way. You're amazing, Huey!"

The boys around him cheered with sparkling eyes.

Maybe they were praising him?

But I could certainly tell that he was using his head properly when fighting.

If he was up against an ordinary child, even someone not from Class F would have been at the mercy of Huey's magic.

How could I defeat such an opponent in a way that looked like Class F?

Thinking about this, I gently dodged the water polo that was approaching me.

"...? What's wrong? It didn't hit Eddie at all...?"

"Really... how?"

The children of Class F raised their voices, puzzled, but clearly delighted.

In contrast, Huey's expression clouded over.

He raised his eyebrows suspiciously and snorted.

As if trying to dispel the confusion that had begun to grow within himself.

"It's obviously just a fluke. How about this? Take that! Take that! Take that!"

"Ah... It's dangerous!"

"Eddie, run!"

The kids who were being bullied and Maisie were desperately screaming for me.

The water balls surrounded us on all sides, surging in all at once.

I let out a short breath and activated wind magic without chanting.

However, it only lasted for a short time, faster than the blink of an eye, so that no one in the room would notice.

"What...!?"

In an instant, the wind knocked all the water balls down like a barrier.

"What the... My water balls disappeared...? Wh, why...? Damn it!"

Huey was so shaken up that he couldn't think straight.

In a panic, he tried to cast water magic again like an idiot.

"You can't see yourself at all, can you?"

"What...!?"

"But..."

I pointed at Huey's face.

"You've already run out of magic, haven't you?"

Previous | Index | Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dungeon + Harlem + Master: Chapter 1 - Summon a brave man full of mistakes

Dungeon + Harem + Master: Chapter 6 - "Forget-me-nots have fallen"

Soda ☆ Sis: Chapter 0 - Angels' slight sleep