6-year-old Wise Man Wants to Walk in the Shade

Chapter 24 - Blow Away

 "Chief! This is not right!"

"What's different? You can't deny this pattern."

"This is... B-but didn't the chief say that the culprit was definitely a vampire?"

"If it was really a vampire's doing, you would have dealt with me differently when I started acting strange. That's how you tried to frame the vampire. You did something elaborate."

"Why would we betray the chief!?"

"You wanted to go to war, didn't you? With the werewolves."

"..."

"You tried to cast a suggestion spell on me at this exact moment. That's the best evidence."

The members of the elite force, including the aides, were silent, unable to refute anything.

"I figured you'd try to brainwash me again before we joined the main camp. It would be a waste of time to make me go crazy after the situation was communicated to the main camp and the retreat began."

"...Wait a moment, chief! There's a reason for this...!"

"Stop making such ugly excuses."

The chief spoke quietly, his voice dripping with disappointment.

"Do you know what the gravest crime among us dragon people is? -- betrayal. You know what happens to those who commit that crime, right?"

"...!"

What happens to those who betray?

The chief didn't say it out loud.

However, the tension that ran through the place and the pale faces of the elite troops made it easy to guess.

...They're going to be executed.

When I think about how the chief feels, it's hard for me too.

But he hypnotized and manipulated the leader of the race, and planned to start a war.

There's no way we can let such people live.

It's hard for those in a position of authority.

Sometimes it's necessary to make ruthless decisions to protect the group.

"Listen, Chief! It's true that we did hypnotize you. The reasons are exactly as you explained. But it was all for the sake of the dragon people!"

"Oh? For example?"

"If we continue to be looked down upon by werewolves and vampires, it will affect the pride of the dragon people, right? Especially now that the Demon King has disappeared, this is our chance to make a name for ourselves! Chief, we did this for your own sake!"

"For me? If it was for me, you wouldn't have brainwashed me and made me into a disgraceful form. It must be for your own ugly desires."

It seems he's finally run out of excuses.

Silence falls on the tent.

"That's all. Come."

The chief slowly stands up.

The freshly cleaned great sword was still gripped in his sturdy fingers, not even put back into its sheath.

Are they planning to execute him on the spot?

Just as I realized this, the elite dragon men suddenly let out a roar-like cry.

"Dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!"

Oh, seriously.

If you die, you die with them.

The chief quickly readied his great sword, but pain must have run through his body.

He let out a low groan and clicked his tongue.

The members of the elite force mercilessly charged towards the battered chief.

I wouldn't let them kill me.

I held my hand out from behind the banner and unleashed wind magic.

The elite men were swept up in a powerful gust of wind and blown out of the tent.

Hearing the commotion, soldiers quickly gathered round.

Now the elite troops can't do anything.

"That wind...was the work of the kid?"

The chief muttered to himself and turned to me, still hiding behind the flag.

"Hey... They're my clan's elite troops, you know? To think they blew them away so easily..."

Geez.

You're not allowed to talk to me...!

Popping my head out, I put my index finger over my mouth and whispered.

I want it to be like the chief punched him, not my magic.

It seemed my intention got through, as the chief groaned and scratched his head.

"...Geez, at this rate he was probably going easy on me when we fought. Damn it. I've met a monstrous brat."

Hey, a monster... "That's quite a thing to say to a young child."

Thinking this, I lightly shrugged my shoulders.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dungeon + Harlem + Master: Chapter 1 - Summon a brave man full of mistakes

Dungeon + Harem + Master: Chapter 6 - "Forget-me-nots have fallen"

Soda ☆ Sis: Chapter 0 - Angels' slight sleep