6-year-old Wise Man Wants to Walk in the Shade

Chapter 27 - "Eddie enters the Royal Academy"

Returning from the Demon Realm.

Reporting to the King.

Preparations for the entrance ceremony and other things passed by in a flurry.

Before I knew it, the day of the Royal Academy entrance ceremony had arrived.

Starting today, I would be taking classes in the lowest-ranked F class for the next year.

The lowest class also stands out in a different way, so I would have ideally preferred to be in the middle C class...

I had submitted my brother's report card instead and gotten through the class placements, so I couldn't be selfish.

After the entrance ceremony in the gymnasium, we freshmen were sent off to our respective classrooms.

This was where we said goodbye to our parents, who had been watching from the guardians' seats.

"Eddie, do your best!"

"If anything happens, tell me right away!"

With my worried parents seeing me off, I headed to my classroom.

The classrooms for new first-year students were on the first floor of the new school building.

The moment I entered the classroom through the back door, I was moved.

Gentle light poured in from the large windows onto the room, lined with small desks and chairs.

Children my age were sitting in their seats, some nervous and some excited.

Is this what they call a normal, peaceful life?

The scenery I longed for, which was unrelated to my previous life, was now spread out before my eyes.

They would no longer be made to become apprentices to a master before they could even remember, would no longer be forced to undergo life-risking training, and would no longer be made to fight other children.

The eyes of the boys and girls in this classroom were not a trace of blemishes.

I took a good look around the classroom, then looked for my seat.

The seating chart on the blackboard showed my seat at the very back by the window.

A petite girl was already sitting next to me.

Her fluffy hair was held back by a headband with a large ribbon.

She looked at me and smiled, so I bowed my head.

She was a cute girl with a rabbit-like face.

While we were talking, our homeroom teacher came into the classroom.

The homeroom teacher for Class F was a young woman named Elena Bonnet.

She was short and petite, giving off a slightly childish impression.

She might be a new teacher.

She was wearing a slightly unfashionable long skirt and long, curly hair.

She was wearing glasses that were too big for her small face, and they kept shifting whenever she spoke, probably because they were the wrong size.

I wonder if this teacher is okay...

She seemed gentle and kind, so the other students seemed happy.

"Okay, everyone. Pay attention."

It took five minutes for the classroom to quiet down.

Oh dear, I'm worried about what's to come.

But anyway, the teacher somehow managed to start her first lesson.

She spoke in a gentle tone about how we should develop good habits and greet each other cheerfully.

"So, let's work hard together with our classmates over the next year as we study magic. Congratulations on your enrollment, everyone!"

Elena-sensei smiled and waved the wand she was holding in her right hand.

The magic the teacher cast made colorful petals flutter around the classroom.

"Wow...!"

"Magical flowers?! Amazing!"

My classmates cheered and rose from their seats in delight.

Everyone was jumping and frolicking, reaching for the falling petals.

I stood up too, not wanting to stand out.

"Huh?! I can't grab this flower?"

"Hehe. This is a magical flower."

Elena-sensei replied in a gentle tone, but this was a pretty incredible spell.

The spell she was chanting was related to light.

If the petals had no substance, she would have been creating an illusion by gathering light, but this was so intricate that it was hard to tell.

Hmm.

Appearances can be deceptive, I see.

No wonder she was hired as a teacher at the Royal Academy.

Just after I'd finished thinking that...

"Okay, everyone. It's time to take your seats... ahhh!?"

She must have been distracted by the students.

Elena-sensei had fallen off the step of the podium and let out a short shriek.

Danger!

I quickly summoned wind magic and caught the teacher as she collapsed.

"Oh, what...?"

The teacher was caught by a cushion of wind just before it hit him face-first, and he got up, blinking his eyes.

"Teacher! Are you okay?"

"Yeah, sorry for scaring everyone. But what was that just now..."

The teacher looked around the classroom in shock.

"Did someone use magic to save me...? No, that can't be..."

After muttering to himself, the teacher shook his head in confusion.

It's impossible for a first-year student to control wind magic like that, and it's difficult even for an adult to activate magic on the spot.

If you think about it normally, you'd think that if he could do that, there's no way he'd be in class F.

Still, stumbling suddenly.

That's probably what he looks like.

But we need to be careful.

No matter how clumsy he is, the teacher is still capable of using highly difficult magic.

Previous | Index | Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dungeon + Harlem + Master: Chapter 1 - Summon a brave man full of mistakes

Dungeon + Harem + Master: Chapter 6 - "Forget-me-nots have fallen"

Soda ☆ Sis: Chapter 0 - Angels' slight sleep