6-year-old Wise Man Wants to Walk in the Shade

Chapter 30 - Protecting classmates

It's the second day of school.

The orientation was all over on the first day, so today the magic classes start in earnest.

I wonder what we'll learn in the first class.

The first period today was a class on everyday life magic, so maybe we'll learn how to fly?

Hmm, but if they messed up and fell, they could get seriously injured, so that kind of magic might have to wait.

As I was thinking this, I headed towards the classroom, and there was some commotion in front of class F.

What's it all about? There's a crowd of people.

It looks like they're having some kind of argument.

"Hey, class F can't even say hello! They're just like losers who can't use magic!"

The ones making the noise were the students from class A who'd started a fight in front of the assembly hall yesterday.

The blonde, who I think is the son of a distinguished aristocrat, was leaning back with his hands on his hips.

The ones on either side were probably his henchmen.

They were helping him out with fawning looks on their faces.

:  Several students from class F were cornered against the wall and being verbally abused.

Too scared to say anything back, they cowered and hung their heads.

Even if you hadn't seen it from the beginning, it was obvious who was in the wrong.

Poor them.

One of the children being verbally abused was a girl, and her eyes were filling with tears.

I wonder if those girls had gone out of their way to come all the way to class F's classroom to pick a fight.

Are normal six-year-olds really that immature?

I was shocked, and wondered what to do.

I didn't want to get involved in any quarrels.

But I also couldn't just turn a blind eye and walk past.

It could have a negative impact on their future school life.

It would be terrible if people started to say later that I was cold-hearted.

80% of the time it was for calculation, and the remaining 20% ​​was out of goodwill, so I approached the group of people making a fuss.

"Listen, we don't need weaklings who can't even use magic in this country."

"What the..."

"Oh, you're trying to talk back to me? You useless piece of shit? Talentless trash like you should just die."

"You're right, Huey!"

The boy called Huey laughed nastily, and his entourage joined in with an exaggerated chuckle.

"That's mean... Hiccup... Sniff... I've had enough... Mommy..."

"Hahaha! You said 'Mommy'! 'Mommy I'm scared, Mommy help me'? Ahahahaha!"

The trembling girl finally sat down and started crying.

At that moment, a girl from the circle of onlookers stepped in to stop them.

It was Maisie, who was sitting next to her.

"S-stop it...!"

Maisie stepped in between the bullies to protect them.

Hands on her hips, she glared at them desperately, but her legs were shaking.

She mustered up all her courage to protect her classmates.

In my mind, Princess Clarice from the day we first met overlapped with Maisie now.

"Pfft. Are you trying to protect me by shaking like crazy? If you're scared, get out of here."

"I'm not scared."

"You're crying, and yet you still say that. Hmm? You've got a pretty cute face now. I'll make you my slave."

"Eeek...!"

Hughie grabbed Maisie's wrist in an unreserved manner.

Maisie's wrist seemed to hurt from the rough treatment, and she instantly frowned.

Hey, hey, hey.

You're a scary child. I don't know where he learned it, but his words and attitude are terrible.

"N-no... Let go...!"

"Ouch!"

Huey's pride seemed to have been hurt when Maisie pushed him away, and his face turned redder.

"You... You're from class F!"

Huey's face was red with rage, and he held up both hands and began to chant.

He was chanting water magic.

Magic power was gathering in Huey's hands.

Yeah, wait a minute.

Are you planning to retaliate with magic?

That's really going too far.

I had originally stopped because I was worried about what my classmates would think, but the ratio of calculation to kindness had reversed within me.

I didn't want to get involved in any trouble though...

Just for now, just about this matter.

I chanted in my head so no one would notice, and fired wind magic from behind the children.

I weakened the power to a minimum, of course.

"Whoa?"

Suddenly, a gust of wind blew in front of him, startling Huey and letting out a pathetic cry.

The spell he was about to activate also vanished.

He's just a kid after all.

He's mentally immature, so even the slightest bit of agitation would cancel the spell.

"Wh-What was that just now...? Dammit! This time!"

Seeing Huey try to chant the spell again, I was finally fed up.

"Why don't you just stop now?"

"Huh? Who was that? That was a stupid thing to say!"

Huey looked around, searching for me, who had called out to him from the back of the group.

I pushed my way through the crowd while apologizing to the kids around me.

When I finally got in front of Huey, he first glanced at the badge on my hat.

A triumphant smile appeared on his face.

"Oh, it's the frog again. It's so unsightly to see these weaklings protecting each other."

"Yeah. I'm in the same class F as you, so if you have a problem with it, just tell me. I'll take it on you."

I don't retaliate with magic.

I just defeat him verbally.

That's enough, so he won't stand out too much.

"Why are you acting all high and mighty, you little brat?"

"We're almost the same height, you know. You were basically calling me short."

"What!?"

"Why are you so upset? Oh, maybe you didn't realize you were short too?"

I chuckled and tilted my head.

A tense atmosphere spread among the students of class F who were watching the situation.

It seemed like everyone was worried about me.

I wouldn't have any problems with it, but I was happy to hear the other kids' feelings.

The sense of camaraderie that had sprouted within me became even stronger.

I guess I should fight off the bullies properly now.

"Damn it! Come on, I'll do it!"

Kids are so cute, they're tempted by provocations like this.

Well then.

You're going to have to reflect on your actions a bit.

Previous | Index | Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dungeon + Harlem + Master: Chapter 1 - Summon a brave man full of mistakes

Dungeon + Harem + Master: Chapter 6 - "Forget-me-nots have fallen"

Soda ☆ Sis: Chapter 0 - Angels' slight sleep