6-year-old Wise Man Wants to Walk in the Shade

 Chapter 29 - Celebrating Admission

That night, when I got home, my family had thrown me a private party to celebrate my enrollment.

The dinner laid out on the table was not only sumptuous, but also full of my favorite foods.

I let out a cry of amazement when I saw the quantity of food, which was more than I could eat.

I was, of course, happy that they had prepared my favorite foods for me.

But more than anything, I was filled with gratitude to my family for preparing the celebration.

"Thank you everyone. I'm so happy."

"I'm glad Eddie liked it."

"Come on, Eddie. Eat until you're full today!"

"Haha, Dad, you know what? Eddie, here's the meat pie. Give me a plate so I can serve you."

"Thanks. But I can do it myself."

"Really? Logan still thinks of Eddie as a baby."

"Come on. I'm sure you think the same of him!"

"You brothers just can't help but love Eddie."

"That's true. Eddie will always be our littlest brother!"

The family, still overprotective, burst into cheerful laughter.

Since my memories of my past life came back, I've been so embarrassed by these kinds of interactions.

It's just unconditional love that's given to me without expecting anything in return.

I fidgeted in my chair, then quickly thanked them again.

Her family didn't mind her behavior.

In fact, they said, "You're embarrassed, sweetie," and patted her head.

"Oh, wow. I'm so happy, but everyone, please act normal."

"Your sweet Eddie has finally become a first-year. How can you act normal on such a special day?"

"Sir, Mrs., and Young Master. We've received gifts from the Kingdom of Maylie!"

"What, again?!"

She stood up and yelled.

The princess and king had been sending gifts one after another for several days.

The letter that came with it indicated that the present that arrived today was the main present.

Were the previous ones just a prelude?

The gifts she'd received so far included a fountain pen with an emerald on it and a pencil case made of diamonds.

How could she use those things?

People would think that some incredibly rich person had just enrolled in the school.

I was grateful for the thought, so I decided to use the gifts while studying at home.

I was afraid that something incredible might come out of the envelope this time too...

Feeling anxious, I opened it up.

What came out was a watch made of gold.

What's more, the dial was riddled with precious stones.

Wow.

It felt so heavy...

Not only would it rival an adult, it would definitely be heavy for a child to wear.

I'm not just talking about feelings, I'm talking physically.

Would you give something like this to a six-year-old as a gift for starting school...?

"Hey, I can't accept this. Send it back."

Shocked and astonished, I slumped my shoulders.

Just as you'd expect from a king and princess.

Their way of thinking is quite different from that of ordinary people...

By the way, this watch.

No matter how many times I send it back, it always comes back, so in the end I reluctantly accept it and have him put it in his safe at home, but that's another story.

◇◇◇

--After dinner, I received a message using magic from the chief of the dragon tribe.

"My subordinates insist on seeing my magic. I'm trying to deal with it somehow, telling them that it's not something to use carelessly, as Lord Eddie told me, but I don't know how long I can keep it up."

The illusion of the chief projected by magic groans and holds his head.

He's a very honest type at heart.

It seems like he's having a lot of trouble even just fooling his subordinates a little.

"Okay, I get it. I'll deal with that when I get there, so don't worry."

"That's a relief! By the way, Lord Eddie. When are you coming here? Tomorrow or the day after? No, I'll have school tomorrow and the day after. My days off are Saturday and Sunday. Remember that.'

Even though I can use teleportation magic to travel in an instant, I still have homework.

Above all, I don't want to be running around until the evening on a weekday.

That's not the "peaceful, ordinary life" I'm looking for.

'Hmm. There are still four days left.'

He sighed and said, "I want to see you soon," which made my cheek twitch.

I'm not happy that a big, burly demon wants to see me.

Anyway, I told him to see me on Saturday and ended the communication spell with the chief.

Now, I'm going to take a bath.

Previous | Index | Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dungeon + Harlem + Master: Chapter 1 - Summon a brave man full of mistakes

Dungeon + Harem + Master: Chapter 6 - "Forget-me-nots have fallen"

Soda ☆ Sis: Chapter 0 - Angels' slight sleep