Dungeon Master

                                                                          Chapter 1

The clock strikes midnight, but the long-awaited call never comes.

I sit slumped in my spongy office chair,

I clicked the "Send/Receive Mail" button again, which I click once every five seconds.

I clicked the "send/receive mail" button again, which I clicked once every five seconds.

Kayo Shimada, sitting at the desk diagonally behind me, had already opened a file in her office.

She opened a file she had already finished working on in Photoshop and started to doodle flowers on an unrelated layer.

She was doodling flowers on an unrelated layer.

She was scribbling flowers on a completely unrelated layer. "Ah, ......, no call. ......."

I muttered to myself, my throat choking from the strain of my position,

I'm not coming.......... Did the client make sure to check?

I'm sure the sales people are looking at it anyway.

I'm sure the sales people are looking at it, so at least let me know if it's 'okay' or 'redo'.

I'd like you to at least tell me if it's a 'this is okay' or a 'redo'. ......

Retake

"I'll be on the last train. ......

It's really that time already.

This is Roppongi, in the heart of Tokyo, Tokyo. It's a spacious office building.

It's a spacious office building, but the lights are out except for our area.

Even in Roppongi, the last train leaves after midnight. Oh well,

I work late most of the time, so I rent a shabby apartment in a place where I can just barely walk home.

I have a shabby apartment in Roppongi where I can walk home just in time. ......

Kayo, you live far from here, don't you?

It's Omiya. ......

Oh, my God, aren't you going to have a hard time getting home?

I don't think I can make it.

It's tough. I just graduated from a vocational school and now I have to work like this.

It's a tough job.

Kayo is 20 years old. She is so young that I envy her. I'm already 32.

I'm already 32. I mean, we're one year apart in terms of Chinese zodiac signs. Wow, Kayo is so young when I think about it again.

You are so young.

Her brown dyed hair is pulled back in a short bob.

She is petite and fair-skinned, with round eyes and a lovely face.

She has been with the company for 4 months and is becoming a mascot in the company.

Her job title is a web designer. But from now on, I would like her to do not only web designing but also various other kinds of designing.

She is a web designer, but in the future, she will be asked to do not only web design but also various other kinds of design work.

I didn't think I would be able to do such a big job right after I joined the company,

I'm very happy. I'm happy because I didn't expect such a big job so soon after I joined the company.

directed by Thomas Blue.

Well, ...... is an excellent parent company.

Parent company. One of the leading advertising agencies in Japan. Our company is a subsidiary of the parent company, which produces "various things.

We are a subsidiary of the parent company, and we produce "all kinds of things". Various things" is a bit vague, isn't it?

What do you mean? Seriously, we make all kinds of things. We make websites. Posters

Posters. Pocket tissues. Headgear. Unusual.

By the way, I once made a nail. 

"Lazy_Writer Translation"

Big advertising agencies can be big because they do everything for their paying customers.

They do whatever they can for their paying customers, and that's how they can become so big.

The wrinkles come to us, the subsidiary company.

Well, because the parent company bows down to the clients,

We only get a lot of work because the parent company bows down to the clients.

"Although, I'm not sure how they could leave it this long. ......

Surprised? I'm surprised? As long as the parent company's salespeople are paying 120% attention to the client's mood.

As long as the parent company's salespeople are paying 120% attention to the client's

I'm sure I'll be up all night today. ...... We'll probably be up all night today, so let's get a business hotel nearby.

I'll get you a business hotel nearby.

I'm fine. I'm not sure what to expect.

I've always wanted to work all night like this, and I don't mind it. ......Takaoka-san is also a good friend of mine. ......

I'm not averse to it. ...... and so is Takaoka-san. ......

What was the last thing you said?

I'm not sure what to expect.

The actual "I'm not a fan of the way you do it," he said, "but I'm not a fan of the way you do it. That kind of gesture is cute in a small animal way.

The most important thing to remember is that you should not be afraid to ask for help. It makes me want to pet her. Do you know what it is? It's sexual harassment if you do that.

It's sexual harassment, you know?

"No wonder the guys at ...... are after her."

What? Mr. Takaoka, what did you say?

Oh, no. I'm talking about this.

By the way, "Takaoka" is my last name. My first name is Yu. Well...

I'm a herbivore, though I have "Takaoka" in my name.

It's not that I didn't meet anyone. But I couldn't make it work, and I was dragged down by work.

I have been dragged down by my work for a long time. I still have no experience with women.

I've never even had any experience with women. ...... I don't want to be made fun of or discouraged by the people I date, and I don't want to be a coward.

I don't want to be made fun of or discouraged by the person I date, so I become more and more timid. ......

On the other hand, if it's someone much younger, I can talk about it without hesitation.

You know you are out of range, don't you? We both know it's out of our range.

I'm going to go to the convenience store downstairs. I'm going to the convenience store downstairs.

I'll go downstairs to the convenience store and get you a late-night snack.

I'll go to the office. I can't handle it if you call me.

I can't handle it myself. Takaoka-san--is it okay if I use your usual stuff?"

By "usual," I mean a cup of coffee at a convenience store and a bowl of bean-jam buns.

Kayo had already figured it out.

Yes, I'll give you the money. I'll give you the money. I'll give you the money I have left over

for her."

A one-thousand-yen bill. I know it's too much, but this is definitely going to be

I know it's too much, but I'm sure I'll have to work overtime today. I know it's too much, but this is definitely going to be a service overtime job today.

I have to do some service for Kayo, who will not be paid much.

"Wagare," she said, "I'm not a child.

"Oh, oh, oh. Kayo is a good girl.

Grandpa, please wait here for a moment.

This was another usual exchange,

"...... Thank you, as always. Takaoka-san.

It's wonderful to have a child who can say "thank you" properly, isn't it?

Kayo left the office.

............"

"Lazy_Writer Translation"

It's quiet.

I somehow turn on the TV set in the corner of the office. It seemed to be a news program.

It seemed to be playing a news program.

This is a follow-up report on the "stand-in" incident. It is known that the person responsible for the recent break-in is an internationally wanted terrorist.

The suspect is an internationally wanted terrorist.

Oh, a case of a stand-in. Scary, scary.

Well, I hope it doesn't affect me.

Standing in front of the window, I can see the Tokyo Metropolitan Expressway running through Roppongi nearby.

When I tell my old acquaintances that I work in Roppongi, they sometimes say, "Wow!

But in reality, it's not me who's great, it's the parent company.

But in reality, it's not me who's great, it's the parent company.

When I think about it, I wonder what I am doing.

It seems that the killer has some kind of rocket launcher,

Oh, it looks like he just opened the window.

At midnight, as expected, there are few buildings with lights on.

A building with its lights out is like a ...... huge gravestone.

It's hollow inside, so it's odd to call it a tombstone.

When I look up at a big building, I think again that I am really small.

I think again, "I'm really small.

Labyrinth,

Labyrinths are everywhere.

Even the building I'm in has 33 floors above ground.

This is another labyrinth.

And so is the society in which I live.

It's a labyrinth of complications, traps, pulling you down, and exposing your malice.

It's a labyrinth of traps, pulling you down, exposing your malice.

Or should I call ...... such a thing a dungeon?

Maybe we are all part of a dungeon.

I don't know.

It seems that the culprit is holding a rocket launcher in the vicinity! In the vicinity

If you're in the area, be careful.

Hmm ......?

What's that?

Over there on the Metropolitan Expressway, there's something shiny.

It's coming this way, trailing a tail of smoke.

It's fired! The warhead flew over the highway.

The last thing I saw was the glass in front of me being blown to pieces.

I saw the glass in front of me shatter into pieces.

                                                                    Index -- Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dungeon + Harlem + Master: Chapter 1 - Summon a brave man full of mistakes

Dungeon + Harem + Master: Chapter 6 - "Forget-me-nots have fallen"

Soda ☆ Sis: Chapter 0 - Angels' slight sleep