6-year-old Wise Man Wants to Walk in the Shade : Chapter 1

Volume 1 : The Demon King has disappeared

Chapter 1 - The Strongest Sage Reincarnates

A thunderous roar echoed inside the structure known as the Temple of Darkness.
Pile up in the corner of the temple were the corpses of those who had died challenging "that thing."

The Demon King's blow blew away the ancient bones, kicking up dust and shaking the stone temple.

The Demon King's countless swords pierced the Sage's body one after another, sending red spraying out.

"Sage. I commend you for cornering me this far... but..."

The final blow was about to be delivered to the sage, who slowly raised his head.

"This is the end of your life!!"

Blood was running down his chin.

The sage's body was covered in wounds, and it seemed he no longer had the energy to cast healing magic.

There was no healer to heal him.

Until now, everyone who had made it this far had, without exception, banded together in groups and cooperated in parties.

However, the sage was alone.

A man with outstanding magical powers, feared as the strongest, had no need for companions.

"Lazy_Writer Translation"

Alone in the temple, the sage was about to be hit by the Demon King's ultimate magic.

"What...?"

The Demon King laughed at his words.

The blood of the sage radiated a pale light.

"Ah, at last. To be honest, I was feeling dizzy from bleeding too much. But this makes sense."

"That's stupid. What is this magical power?"

The Demon King, who was supposed to have been about to kill the sage, began to visibly panic.

"I've never felt such powerful magical power before..."

"I'm honored to be praised by the Demon King. This is my first time using it."

"What the... You bastard!! What exactly are you trying to do!?"

"--I activate the divine magic 'Reincarnation Ceremony'. The price is my body, my blood, and my magical power. And--"

There was a "crunch" as if something was being torn apart.

"What...?"

In shock, the Demon King slowly looked down at his own body.

"That's stupid... That's stupid, that's stupid!!"

The right half of his body was gone.

The left half was now enveloped in light and was disappearing like sand.

"What on earth is this? What did you do...!?"

"The final sacrifice is the lives of 1000 greater demons who have committed crimes."

The Sage took a deep breath.

"You're the 1000th. Seriously, I've been feeling tired up until now. --You're right, my life is over here. This time."

The moment he spoke,

A huge magic circle appeared all around the temple.

"Sorry. This is my dream. I'm sorry to drag you into this, but... you've killed too many humans too. It's time to stop."

"Me... me? You're going to kill me?! And with a sacrifice to a human's magic! Sage, this, this magic is..."

Without being able to finish anything off, the Demon King vanished.

This is the end.

And it will begin.

The conditions for the magic to be activated have finally been met.

"It's finally here."

If it works, I can be reborn as a new human, inheriting all of my memories from this life.

"If it works...?"

I've never failed before, so perhaps even I'm feeling anxious.

"There's no problem. All the conditions are perfectly met. The magic formula has been activated. There's no way I'll fail. I'll have a new life."

With this "Reincarnation Formula"--.

And finally, I'll get what I've been hoping for for so many years.

My days of helping people are over.

I no longer have to deal with fools who brag about their magical powers, who keep challenging me forever, or be called upon to do charity work like this to defeat the Demon King.

Anyway, I want to take it easy in my next life.

If I could be reborn as a rich, handsome man who could have fun, I'd have nothing to complain about.

"I've saved so much humanity, so I'd be more than satisfied if you granted me that much, right?"

The reincarnation magic is finally coming to an end.

A divine light envelopes the sage, as if to bless his new life.

I close my eyes in anticipation.

And then my consciousness fades...

◇◇◇

And so I was reincarnated...

I was born again as Eddie, the youngest son of the Radcliff Margrave family.

My memories of my previous life returned on my sixth birthday.

The moment I woke up in bed, I suddenly remembered everything.

Magic formulas, incantations, and the knowledge I had gained in my previous life all came flooding in at a dizzying rate.

"Uwah... ugh..."

It felt like my stomach and brain were being mixed up.

It was as if my insides were being reconstructed.

I couldn't even breathe, let alone blink, and just kept my eyes open.

It was just as my mind was on the verge of collapse that the deluge of information finally subsided.

"I see... so that's how it was... I remembered it all now... but it feels gross..."

I groaned and buried my face in the fluffy pillow.

I also remembered how my previous life had arranged for my memories to not return immediately after I was born.

But even so, words like "reconstruction" and "disintegration"...

I was surprised that I was now using words I didn't know when I was just six years old, as if they were natural.

In the corner of my clouded consciousness, I was finally able to think about such things. It seems that my thoughts are starting to become more biased towards my past life.

"Ha, finally I've calmed down. Seriously... I was so mean in my past life too..."

Giving me all of my memories on my sixth birthday.

If they wanted to ease the burden, they could have done it gradually from when I was a baby, but they're being reckless.

I'm glad my mind in this life is strong enough that something like this won't mess me up.

"Lazy_Writer Translation"

I put my hand over my still-pounding heart and slowly sit up.

The problem is that because I had no memories of my past life, I had spent six years without using magic once.

In fact, this body hadn't even been tested for magic aptitude.

I'd been told that I didn't need to train in swordsmanship or magic because it was dangerous.

The Radcliffe family was quite wealthy, and my parents and older brothers doted on me, the youngest child.

They'd promised me, the youngest brother, a life of leisure, as I wasn't the heir.

I was born into a very blessed life, being able to do nothing and just play around.

Even though this was about me, I ended up thinking of it as if it was someone else's.

My past self and my current self.

It's going to take some time to reconcile my self-awareness.

Anyway...

First, let's check my status.

"Status, open"

************

Name: Eddie

Level 1

Occupation: Sage

HP: 10

MP: 10

Magic: -

Magic power: -

************

He's a magnificent child.

His hit points and magic points are both poor.

As for his magic power, it can't be displayed because he hasn't learned any magic yet.

"I don't care what it is, I have to learn some magic."

His memories of magic formulas and chants have returned.

It reminded me of the feeling I get when I cast magic.

"Yes, in that case, I know just the place for you."

Index | Next

Join Us on Patreon : patreon.com/LazyWriterTranslation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dungeon + Harlem + Master: Chapter 1 - Summon a brave man full of mistakes

Dungeon + Harem + Master: Chapter 6 - "Forget-me-nots have fallen"

Soda ☆ Sis: Chapter 0 - Angels' slight sleep