6-year-old Wise Man Wants to Walk in the Shade : Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - The Status Numbers are Abnormal

A forest spreads around the mansion.

Arriving at the entrance wearing only my pajamas and a robe, I immediately found a suitable monster.
A transparent object bouncing around.

It was a red slime, a weak monster perfect for a toddler's debut battle.
I couldn't expect any experience points from it, but it would be perfect for a six-year-old's body to defeat.

As I was thinking about this, the red slime jumped at me, bouncing around.
I jumped to the right, skillfully evading.
Thanks to the knowledge I gained in my previous life, I knew the red slime's characteristics.

Its only attacks are body slams and weak fire magic.
Its weak point is the core in the middle of its squishy body.

If I stab a sharp weapon from above and pierce the core, it will explode in one hit.
The red slime can learn two types of magic: fire magic and detection magic.
The probability of learning it is high, so I'll have high hopes.
It would be troublesome if he used fire magic on me, so this time I would attack first.

I took a sharp rock I had picked up along the way and swung it at the red slime with all my might.
Brrr!
I felt it pierce its core.
Just as I had intended, the red slime bounced off with a loud noise.
At the same time that the red slime disappeared, a vermilion lump fell to the ground.

Seeing the jewel-like thing, I thought, "Oh."
"It's a slime core. I'm lucky."
It's a rare material that very rarely drops when you defeat a slime.
It can be used to make all-purpose eye drops, so any pharmacist would buy it for a decent price.

To add to my pocket money, I put the slime core in my gown pocket.
Now, it's time to check my status.
Did I manage to learn any magic with this?
************
Name: Eddie
Level 1
Occupation: Sage
Stamina: 10
Magic power: 30
Magic: Fire magic (weak), detection magic
Attack power: 3
Magic ability score: 119585 (reincarnation bonus)
************
"Okay, I've learned magic. I've got both fire magic and detection magic."
Both are very basic and modest magic.
Almost everyone who can use magic in this world has it.
Fire magic.

This is a general-purpose magic, so its power depends on the level of the user.
At level 1, I can only shoot fire the size of a candy at best.
Detection magic.

This is a magic that lets me sense the presence of living things around me.
It can also be used to search for enemies in the vicinity, or as a substitute for eyes when entering a pitch black dungeon.
Slimes without eyes use this magic to search for prey.
"Huh...?"
I was only paying attention to the magic part, but suddenly felt something was off.
I hadn't paid any attention to it because there was no way my level would increase.
It's not the magic I've learned that's strange, but the part below it.
"...Huh?"
****************
Magic Ability Value: 119585 (Reincarnation Bonus)
****************
"What is this... 'Magic Ability Value: 119585'... This number is higher than what I was in my previous life..."
No matter how you look at it, that's strange.
After all, I'm only level 1 right now.
There's no way I could reach a number like that.
"And what about a reincarnation bonus...?"
When I tried to reveal my status again...
"Ahhhhhhhh...!"
A young woman's scream came from deep in the forest.
"That voice... Is there someone in that forbidden forest...?"
The forest spreads out before me.
A special barrier has been set up deep within this greenery.

"Forbidden Forest"
My family, the Margrave Radcliffe family, have protected the barrier of this forest for generations.

Countless vicious monsters are trapped within the barrier.
For that reason, the people of the territory do not enter the depths of this forest no matter what.

"Maybe an outsider has wandered in."

I'll put off worrying about my status for now. First...

I used the detection magic I had just acquired.

It's level 1, so I probably won't be able to investigate in detail, and the detection range is probably around 10 meters.

Even so, I'm close enough to hear the screams, so I'm sure I'll be able to do something.

Just after I activated it with that thought in mind.
I gasped in shock.

"This is..."
It had been analyzed in far too much detail.

The information that can be obtained with normal detection magic is, at most, limited to where living things are located.

The reaction of living things should only be a vague map of the surrounding area, with a white glow.

But what I could see before me was a detailed map of the area.

And that, just a few dozen meters away, there were monsters and humans.
And that's not all.

Writing indicating the type of monster was appearing around the white light.
**********************
King Oak
Oak Oak
Oak
Oak
Oak
Human (Female)


"Lazy_Writer Translation"
***********************
I only know one person who can use detection magic to get such detailed information.
That was me in my previous life.
"Haha, I can't believe it... A level 1 six-year-old child can use magic with the same precision as a level 99 sage who defeated the Demon King?"

I don't understand and I'm confused.
But that's not the time for that right now.

I could see the orcs' reactions approaching the light marked human woman, and I pressed my forehead.
"We're under attack..."

Now, the correct thing for me to do as a 6-year-old boy would be to go back home and call my father.

My father is a powerful magic user, and he could probably do something about the orcs.

But that wouldn't be enough.
That being said, all I can use here is detection magic and weak fire magic.
I haven't even tried fire magic yet.

"--No. If I can use fire magic, I can confuse the orcs."
It can't be helped.

In this life, I had decided to use magic only for myself, but...
"If I die here, I'll have a bad night's sleep."

I sighed softly and hurried to the barrier of the Forbidden Forest.

Previous | Index | Next

Join Us on Patreon : patreon.com/LazyWriterTranslation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dungeon + Harlem + Master: Chapter 1 - Summon a brave man full of mistakes

Dungeon + Harem + Master: Chapter 6 - "Forget-me-nots have fallen"

Soda ☆ Sis: Chapter 0 - Angels' slight sleep