6-year-old Wise Man Wants to Walk in the Shade : Chapter 3

 Chapter 3 - Rescue the Princess Knight

She ran in the direction indicated by the detection.

"My arms and legs are so short, it's hard to run...!"

It hadn't bothered her until yesterday, but she couldn't help but compare it to her previous self.

She somehow managed to get past the barrier and out of the bushes, where she saw a group that had been attacked by a horde of orcs.

Lying on the ground were five human men and eight orcs.

Both were completely dead.

Judging from their clothing, the human men were probably knights.

Now, facing off against the eight orcs, including the Orc King, was a single, delicate girl with a sword and shield in her hands.

Wearing armor over her dress and long boots, the girl glared at the orcs, despite her pale skin and chest covered in cuts.

The hem of her dress was torn, and her long blonde hair was disheveled.

She fought well against the horde led by the King Orc, but the difference in numbers was too great and she was gradually cornered.

She was on one knee, facing the enemy with only her willpower.

Her shoulders were shaking with fear.

But her eyes still held the fighting spirit.

Neither she nor the orcs had yet noticed my presence.

"You can't escape now, Princess Knight. We were so close to the forest exit, what a shame."

"Ugh..."

The King Orc spitted a lot as he spoke, and snorted.

Apparently, his nostrils flare when he gets excited.

The armor was probably stolen.

It was the wrong size, and his fat belly was spilling out.

But even so--

From the armor and dress she was wearing, I could tell at a glance that she was of noble birth, but to think she was a princess...

Why did such a group enter this forest?

Since the princess herself was armed, it didn't seem like she had simply wandered in during her journey.

"If you strip here of your own accord, I'll treat you kindly. If you don't want to be tortured to death, kneel down and beg for forgiveness!"

"Who would yield to the like of you...?"

"Hmph, it looks like the negotiations have broken down. Hey, strip off!"

The orcs licked their lips as they inched closer to the princess knight.

The overwhelmingly advantageous situation had caught the orcs completely off guard.

So, what should we do?

I instantly came up with a plan in my head.

Although I was concerned about the abnormal stats I had seen earlier, I could trust that she could use fire magic.

With fire magic, even a level 1 like me should be able to burn an orc's eyes.

No matter how small the fire, burning an eyeball is a fatal wound.

If I were to deprive the King Orc of his sight, the orcs' command would definitely be thrown off balance.

I'll take that opportunity to grab the princess knight's hand and run to the exit of the forest.

If we can get outside the barrier, they won't be able to follow us.

Okay, let's go with this plan as planned.

I thrust my right hand out towards the Orc King.

He has his arms crossed, and is watching from above, so it's easy to aim at him.

I put magical power into my palm, concentrate, and unleash the spell.

At that moment--

"Uh?! Gyaaaaahhhh...!!"

--A fierce wave of heat and a blaze of flames were unleashed, burning the Orc King to ashes.

"Huh?"

Unable to predict the recoil from the magic, I stumbled backwards a few steps as if I was being pushed away, and then fell flat on my butt.

I had never imagined I'd be able to unleash such a powerful spell.

My mouth was open as I witnessed the unbelievable sight.

"What, this power..."

This isn't the weakest fire magic cast by a level 1 6-year-old.

This is not that different in power to the fire magic I cast in my previous life when I was level 99.

Those numbers displayed on my status.

I wonder if it was not an abnormality or anything, but a fact.

"So, now I am even stronger than in my previous life...?"

I involuntarily look down at my palm.

Not only me, but the orcs who had lost their boss and the princess knight were also stunned, unable to believe what had just happened.

"Boss...? Where did he disappear to...?"

"What was that just now...? What happened...?"

"No way... the boss is dead...?"

This is bad.

This is no time to be daydreaming.

I have to take this opportunity to escape with the princess knight.

When I looked up with that thought...

"Whoa!?"

Suddenly, my body was lifted into the air.

I felt a soft sensation around my stomach.

I was even more confused when I realized that the princess knight had picked me up.

"Huh?! Why?!"

"It's dangerous here. I don't know what's happened, but let's get away now...!!"

"Wait. I'll--"

"Don't worry, I'll protect you even at the cost of my life...!"

The princess knight ran off, still holding me in her thin arms.

The orcs were shaken by the loss of their boss, and it seemed they were a little slow to understand the situation.

"Hey! The woman's escaped! What are we going to do?!"

"What are we going to do...? Well, chase after her for now!"

"It must have been that woman's magic or something that killed the boss! Don't let her get away!!"

I had actually planned to pull the princess knight's arm and run away.

It was a shame to be picked up...

Hanazu wasn't like this.

I clung to the princess knight's shoulder and measured the distance between us.

If she could use powerful magic, it would be easy.

"Hey, brat! What are you looking at?!"

"I'll kill you and that woman! Haha, just like those knights!"

I could see that the princess knight, who had been running bravely, was now gritting her teeth and crying.

I held out my palm and adjusted my magical power.

The status I had just shown was true, so my own level was 1.

Magic attack power is also adjusted by level...

"I'll catch up with you, woman! Wait!"

"It's okay... it's okay. I'll make sure to take you outside...!!"

"Lazy_Writer Translation"

--Is this enough?

"Now, wait a second! There's no point in running away!"

I fired off fire magic again. This time, I'd gone easy on her, in line with her magical power level - or so I thought.

"Hii... Giyaaaahhh!!"

However, despite my control, a spell of incredible power was unleashed from my palm.

The flames erupted, burning the orcs away.

In the end, just like the Orc King, the orcs were wiped out in an instant.

On top of that, the recoil of the magic I unleashed caused the princess knight, who was holding me, to lose her balance.

"Ah...!"

"Wa-pu"

I fell over together with the princess knight, and was crushed between her breasts.

Previous | Index | Next

Join Us on Patreon : patreon.com/LazyWriterTranslation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dungeon + Harlem + Master: Chapter 1 - Summon a brave man full of mistakes

Dungeon + Harem + Master: Chapter 6 - "Forget-me-nots have fallen"

Soda ☆ Sis: Chapter 0 - Angels' slight sleep