6-year-old Wise Man Wants to Walk in the Shade : Chapter 10

Chapter 10 - Magic Aptitude Test S Class

10 days have passed since we defeated the Demon King.

Today, my mother is accompanying me to the Royal Academy for my pre-enrollment medical examination.

Today, we are buying the textbooks and gym clothes necessary for school life, and taking a physical examination.

And then there is the most important event, the magic aptitude test.

"I wonder how Eddie's aptitude test will go. Mom is worried. What if they realize Eddie is a genius and kidnap him!"

"Haha..."

My cheeks twitched a little.

In the magic aptitude test, a special magical tool is used to measure magic aptitude.

The child's magic aptitude score and the magic they can learn are printed out.

In this way, each child's talent is measured, and classes are determined based on the resulting score.

The Royal Academy's classes are divided in order of ability, with the highest scores being A, B, C, D, E, and F.

Naturally, I'm aiming for Class F.

However, I have inherited the abilities of the strongest sage.

If I were diagnosed normally, the numbers would be ridiculous...

Well, of course, I have prepared countermeasures.

I quietly checked the paper in my pocket so my mother wouldn't notice.

With this, there would be no problem.

"Well, Eddie, take care. Mom is going to the information session about the school entrance procedures."

"Yeah. I'll do my best too."

I waved goodbye to my mother with a smile.

"Where's Mom? Hiccup, Mom..."

"Whoa! What kind of tool is this? It's fun! Let me borrow it!"

"Ahhh! Boys are so rowdy!"

While the other kids around me were having fun, I quietly went through my physical exam and a simple academic achievement test.

I was a bit worried that I was shorter than average, but... I guess I was still growing.

It was within the margin of error. Yes.

And finally...

"Okay. Children who are going to take the magic aptitude test, please line up over here."

I was guided to the line where several children were waiting.

For the magic aptitude test, I was made to stick my hand into a dome-shaped magic device.

I waited for a few seconds, and the machine spit out a piece of paper with a crunching sound.

I popped my head out and took a peek at the numbers for the child in front of me.

****************************

[New 1st Year Student, No. 083, G. Norton]

Magic aptitude: C'

Can learn magic: Earth magic (weak), Earth magic (medium), Healing magic (weak), Paralyzing magic (weak), Paralyzing magic (medium), Hardening magic (weak)

****************************

That's good.

The paper it was written on looked exactly the same as it always did.

This meant I could get through it with the method I had been thinking of.

Next came my turn.

"E. Radcliffe, please."

"Yes."

As instructed by the female teacher in a white coat, I thrust my hand into the magic device.

A cool, warm sensation reached my palm.

A few seconds later...

The magic device began to spit out an incredibly long piece of paper.

"What?! What's going on?! The paper won't stop flowing!"

Surprised by what was happening, the teacher jumped on the magic device.

************************

[New First Year Student No. 084 E. Radcliffe]

Magic aptitude: SSS

Can learn magic: Fire magic (weak), Fire magic (medium), Fire magic (strong), Fire magic (super), Water magic (weak), Water magic (medium), Water magic (strong), Water magic (super), ------------

********************************

"What is this...!?"

"Mr. Lois, what's wrong!?"

The other teachers gather round, sensing something is wrong.

Wow, as expected, it's caused quite a fuss.

**********************

Weak Wind Magic, Medium Wind Magic, Strong Wind Magic, Super Wind Magic, Weak Earth Magic, Medium Earth Magic, Strong Earth Magic, Super Earth Magic---

*********************

"Eddie's diagnosis results just won't stop!! You can't believe this... this is happening!?"

"Please calm down!! No, but this... isn't it outputting all the registered magic!?"

"This is the most brilliant student since the academy was founded... no, a genius!! This child should be in class A... no, we should make a special S class and give him individual lessons!!"

The teachers' eyes all turned to me at once.

The other children also crowded around, curious.

"What's wrong with that kid? Can he use some amazing magic?"

"He's got so much more magic than me...!"

It's about time.


I took a deep breath and said in an innocent voice.

"Wow! This magic item is broken!"

"Is it broken...? But that's never happened before..."

"No, that's the only thing you can think of! It's unheard of to get numbers like that!!"

Taking advantage of the opportunity while the teachers were busy, I held my hand over another magic item. ...or so I pretended.

Then I quickly took out the paper I had hidden in my pocket.

"Look! Teachers, look! When I used this machine, this is what the paper turned out to be."

*********************

[New 1st Year Student No. 032 M. Radcliffe]

Magic Aptitude: F

Can Learn Magic: Slow Magic

****************************

The teachers looked at each other and peered at my paper.

"Wow, this is..."

"Wow... This is the worst number since the second son of the Radcliffe family!?"

That's right.

This is truly the status of an F-class human.

Actually, as you can tell from the name, this is my second older brother, Max.

He specializes in swordsmanship and is not good at magic.

He was diagnosed in the same way when he was six years old and was assigned to class F.

The paper I'm holding now is the one my older brother brought home at the time.

I quickly put the paper away before the confused teachers noticed.

It was worth waiting until the commotion got bigger so they wouldn't notice that the names and numbers were different.

"Oh, it was a malfunction after all."

"This is terrible. We need to move the kids in this row to another row!"

Saying this, the teachers busily dispersed.

"Sorry, Eddie. You can go now. You can take this paper home with you."

After the kind-looking female teacher finished recording my numbers, she said apologetically.

"Okay! I'll take it home then. See you, teacher."

I sighed in relief and put the paper back in my pocket.

Thank goodness, Max.

I was grateful to my brother.

I was glad my mom kept everything as a memento.

So, I passed the magic aptitude test as planned.

Thank goodness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dungeon + Harlem + Master: Chapter 1 - Summon a brave man full of mistakes

Dungeon + Harem + Master: Chapter 6 - "Forget-me-nots have fallen"

Soda ☆ Sis: Chapter 0 - Angels' slight sleep