6-year-old Wise Man Wants to Walk in the Shade : Chapter 5

 Chapter 5 - You made me angry, didn't you?

When I finished lining up the bodies of Princess Clarice and the others by the entrance after using wind magic...

"Eddie!"

I heard my name being called in a desperate voice.

I looked up and saw my mother running towards me with a pale face.

This was bad.

It seemed she'd found out that I'd snuck out.

If she got any closer, she'd notice the presence of Princess Clarice and the others lying there.

I hurried over to my mother.

If Princess Clarice and the others were found now, I wouldn't be able to pretend I had nothing to do with it.

I had to figure out a good way to cover it up...

"I'm sorry, Mom...! I disobeyed my orders and went for a walk..."

I tried desperately to cover it up by acting like a child.

Until yesterday, this had been my natural attitude.

Now that I started doing it consciously, it was so obvious that even I felt a little strange.

But my mother didn't suspect anything.

She got down on her knees and hugged me tightly, and said in a crying voice.

"Oh, Eddie...! I'm so glad you're safe...! We have to get out of here right now...!"

My mother was so distraught that she tried to pick me up, but I quickly stopped her.

What on earth was she talking about?

"Eh? Wait. You're leaving?"

"You don't need to know anything! Mommy will protect you. It'll be okay, everything will be okay...!"

"Protect me, what do you mean?"

I asked in my natural tone, not trying to act childish.

All I got was silence.

It wasn't that she was confused by my transformation, but that she was upset by the question I had asked her.

I put my hands on my mother's shoulders and pulled away.

Something was clearly wrong.


My mother's eyes met mine up close, and she looked at me with a pale face.

My mother's beautiful face, with the appearance of a young girl, was wet with tears, making it hard to believe she had given birth to three children.

"I'm not the reason you're crying, am I?"

"Well, that's..."

"Tell me, Mom. Who made you cry?"

I asked in a lowered tone, and my mother's shoulders shook.

That's not it.

I'm not angry at Mom.

I'm just annoyed at whatever it was that made you cry.

--In my previous life, I was alone because I was the strongest.

My power was sought after, and every time I used it, my name became known.

Naturally, the number of times my life was targeted increased.

It was easy to protect myself and fight back.

But when they couldn't defeat me using a legitimate method, they started to target my party members and close friends.

The best way to avoid unnecessary sacrifices was to stay away from groups.

I never formed any parties, and became known as the solitary strongest sage.

Naturally, I also gave up on having a lover or a family.

What I couldn't get in my previous life.

Warmth and love.

My family in this life gave me that.

My father, mother, and two older brothers all dote on me, the youngest, with an excessive amount of affection.

I was given so much attention every day, and even though I complained that I could do it on my own, I loved my family very much.

Those feelings haven't changed even now that my memories of my previous life have returned.

So――

I will never forgive myself for making my precious family cry.

"Mom, something happened, didn't it? Tell me."

"Eddie, but..."

I was about to ask my mother the same question again, as she was crying and panicking.

--BOOM!!

Suddenly, a roar shook the ground, and I felt a wind pressure so strong that I couldn't stand.

The magic that was transmitted through the air was so strong that it made my body tingle.

"I can feel this magic..."

I muttered to myself in a small voice.

Ah.

It's been a long time.

"Eddie, come here! Hurry..."

My mother's body, which I had cast a sleep spell on, went limp.

As expected, I had learned the lesson, so instead of trying to support her with my own strength, I used wind magic to catch her as she collapsed.

I carried her over to Princess Clarice and laid her down.

"I'm sorry, Mom. If she was conscious, she'd probably come after me. Please sleep here for a while."

After leaving those words for my sleeping mother, I ran towards the main gate of the mansion.

There was no need to use detection magic.

I could sense her presence getting closer and closer.

It seems he has no intention of hiding the sinister magical power that is leaking out.

Oh dear.

It seems that my opponent this time is a pretty vulgar person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dungeon + Harlem + Master: Chapter 1 - Summon a brave man full of mistakes

Dungeon + Harem + Master: Chapter 6 - "Forget-me-nots have fallen"

Soda ☆ Sis: Chapter 0 - Angels' slight sleep