6-year-old Wise Man Wants to Walk in the Shade : Chapter 6

 Chapter 6 - Demon King VS Servant

And when they arrived at the place...

"Kuhahaha, is the guardian of the Forbidden Forest only this strong?"

"Damn...!"

He saw his father, covered in wounds after being grabbed by the neck by the enemy, and his injured brothers Logan and Max.

Standing before him was a long-haired man wearing a jet-black cloak.

He was likely one of several demons that exist in this world.

On the man's forehead was the mark of the Demon King, the mark that rules over demons.

"Even at this late stage, you still don't intend to have children? Those two youngsters over there seem to be quite capable, but... they're not enough to defeat me."

The Demon King's voice made the atmosphere tense up even more.

"Dammit... Logan, Max... I'll take this on...! You guys... take this opportunity to run away..."

"No, father...! We are your sons and Eddie's older brothers! We can't turn our backs on an enemy that's after our brother...!"

"That's right! We'll fight together...!"

"Fight? Ha, how can you fight with a body that's been torn apart by me so much?"

I did torture you so much.

I felt a chill grow deep inside my body.

It was this man's fault that my mother was crying.

The cold rage that was burning inside me grew even more intense.

"I'm not a demon either. If you're a rabble that can't hold a candle to me, I'll let you live. Shall I send you to the Forbidden Forest? You can't fight with that body, right?"

The Demon King reached out towards my father, grabbed him by the neck, and lifted him into the air.

My father held his breath, but he continued to glare at the Demon King.

I see.

Thanks to the Demon King's eagerness to babble on about unnecessary things, I was able to understand more or less.

So the Demon King knew when I woke up this morning.

Maybe some kind of foresight magic was at work.

The princess knight who appeared in the Forbidden Forest in an unnatural way may have come to this land for a similar purpose - in other words, to make contact with the "Sage".

Really.

The strongest power still bothers me as always.

But I can't keep saying that.

These people are my precious family.

In order to settle things, I will use this power to the fullest.

"You should regret on your deathbed for defying me. Father and son together, die together..."

"Hey, uncle, what are you doing?"

As I asked the Demon King, I stepped forward in front of the others.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my father and brother with looks of despair on their faces.

"Eddie?! Why are you here? No, run!"

"...I see? That smell of an unpleasant soul. --You're a wise man, aren't you, child?"

The Demon King looked at me and grinned.

With the cloudy eyes typical of those who enjoy slaughter.

I tilted my head innocently.

"What's a sage? I don't know."

"Eddie!! Brother, take Eddie... ugh!"

My brother, who was badly injured, collapsed.

It wasn't just him.

Everyone was in such a bad shape that it was a wonder they were still conscious.

My father, who was the most seriously injured, was probably only holding on with willpower, perhaps because he was protecting my brother.

You've really inflicted pain on other people's families.

"Haha! I'm tired of waiting! You're the only threat that can defeat me. Sage, since you were born into this world, I'll crush you here before you get stronger!"

Before you get stronger?

Too bad.

You're a day too late.

"Huh... In the old days, demon kings weren't the first to head to the front lines. Times have changed."

"...What?"

"Or maybe, even though you're a demon king, you don't have subordinates who are loyal to you and follow your orders?"

"What?!"

"But it's weird for a demon king to come and kill me on his own. Surely he didn't have any subordinates to share the important information that the sage has awakened with?"

"Y-You! Who are you talking to?!"

You're too shaken up.

It's obvious that I'm right.

The demon kings who rule the demonic territories are mostly hereditary, just like human kings.

Naturally, there is a huge difference in power, ability, size of territory, number of subordinates, and intelligence.

The demon king I'm facing now is in the lowest class.

"Well, never mind. Anyway, uncle, answer my question. What were you doing with my dad and my brothers?"

When I looked up, the Demon King frowned for a moment.

"Your magical power is already..."

Apparently, he noticed my power.

He must have used some kind of magic to peek at my status.

However, right after that.

The Demon King, who was clearly shaken, suddenly opened his eyes wide and started laughing out loud.

"Haha! I thought you'd already awakened, but what's with that amount of magical power!? You've learned magic! You appeared before me with only that ability!?"

I have 60 magical power left.

The only magic I can use is my initial magic.

Fire magic (weak) and wind magic (weak) both consume 30 MP.

"Two shots is the limit! What can you do in that state? Hahaha! You may talk cheeky, but you're just a child after all. Your stupidity saved me the trouble of looking for you."

The Demon King raised both hands while laughing.

Dark magical power gathered in his hands.

My father gasped as he saw the mass of magical power expanding and scattering sparks.

"That's dark magic...!! Eddie, Logan, Max, run!! You guys, at least...!!"

"No, Dad. With magic of that power, you won't be able to escape. So leave it to me."

"Eddie...!!"


Amid the anguished cries of my father and brother, I put magical power into both my hands.

Fire in my right hand.

Wind in my left hand.

A strong wind was born around me, fluttering the hems of my pajamas and gown.

Two shots at most?

No. That's enough.

"Hmph... you annoying sage! Now you're dead!"

The enormous magical power gathered in the Demon King's hand was about to explode.

I fused wind magic with fire magic and unleashed it all at once.

"What...!?"

The magics responded to each other.

Wind was sent into the jet of flame I had unleashed.

The force of the flames, which had gained oxygen and expanded rapidly, easily surpassed the scale of beginner-level fire magic...

"That's... so stupid of you! Aaaah..."

I blew the Demon King's body, along with his dark magic, to shatter.

After the explosion-like flames died down, I looked up at the sky where the Demon King had disappeared and shrugged.

Why do all Demon Kings have similar reactions when they disappear? "I've defeated a lot of demon lords like you. With less magical power than I have now."

"...Eh...Eddie...?"

"Ah."

Damn.

I turned around and saw the blank looks on my father and brother's faces...

I was pretending to be a kid, but maybe I went a little too far.

I blinked for a while, then put my hand to my head and smiled.

"I wonder why, it looks like I defeated the demon lord. Lol."

"...No, Eddie!! It's not lol!!"

...Well, I guess I can't hide it after all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dungeon + Harlem + Master: Chapter 1 - Summon a brave man full of mistakes

Dungeon + Harem + Master: Chapter 6 - "Forget-me-nots have fallen"

Soda ☆ Sis: Chapter 0 - Angels' slight sleep